CBD Oil For Senior Dogs
Aging is inevitable, even for our favorite pets. We love them more as they mellow down with age. Unfortunately senior dogs suffer the wear and tear of their bodies just like us. And they experience pain from arthritis, rheumatism, hip and other bodily pain from displacement or injuries, the list goes on and on. Pain is a common enemy of people and dogs. Pain medications that are given to people are also given to our pets at different dosages. But these have side effects such as drowsiness, diarrhea or constipation, nausea and convulsions. CBD oil for senior dogs relieves from acute to chronic pain.
Acute and Chronic Pain of Dogs
Acute pain happens when injuries occur. It is characterized by sharp, intense, instant and short duration. It is actually a sign of injury. And once the injury is treated and healed, the pain also disappears. Chronic pain is long term period pain. It can be dull, uncomfortable to sharp and spasm-like. Unfortunately, chronic has no quick fix except for pain relievers. Healing can only be through healing of the cause but since most causes recur and can’t be permanently healed, pain relief is the only option. Here are dog ailments that pack pain punch to our beloved pooches:
- Arthritis – pain can be all day and night, making it difficult for the dog to move.
- IBD or Inflammatory Bowel Disease – intermittent pain.
- Osteosarcoma – cancer of the bones that’s common to larger breeds and the growth of the tumor causes extreme pain.
- Gum Disease or Periodontal Disease that causes teeth to get loose and fall out due to degeneration of tissues and bone. This causes intense pain much like in people with gum and teeth problems that can escalate to headaches and loss of appetite.
- Bladder infection – infection caused by bacteria that result in an inflamed bladder.
Why CBD Oil for Senior Dogs is the Better Pain Relief Option
CBD oil for dogs interrelates with dogs’ natural Endocannabinoid System or ECS that has 2 types of receptors, CB1 and CB2. These receptors can be found in key systems in the body including the brain, nervous and immune system. Cannabidiol is a compound found both in plants (hemp) and in mammals. EC compound is naturally produced by the brain to aid in several bodily functions including bodily produced pain relief. CB1 and CB2 works with CBD oil to affect anandamide and 2-AG – cannabinoids naturally produced by the body. Inducing the ECS with the oil aids in decreasing pain and inflammation. Giving senior dogs the much needed relief, and a better quality of life.
Get the lowdown on everything CBD oil for dogs, take advantage of the different qualities of the oil in improving the health of your pet/s.